By: Alexander Hunts
Photo Credit: ABC NEWS
A man who survived the mass shooting in Las Vegas on October 1st was killed by a hit-and-run driver in Nevada on November 17. He is the fourth survivor to die since the Las Vegas shooting massacre at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival.
Roy McClellan’s widow, Denise, was with him during the shooting.
“It was just ear-piercing. I was like oh my gosh, what is that noise? This is horrible,” according to KSNV news.
She says her and her husband ran for their lives but even as bullets rained down around them, her husband Roy stopped to help people along the way.
She says her husband had been in therapy since the shooting. “It was really messing with his head and he was going to therapy,” she said.
“This isn’t what I wanted for him. I don’t understand why he wasn’t taken at the shooting, but a month later he was taken this way,” said McClellan. “I hope my husband found peace and he’s safe now.”
Roy was killed as he was walking along the highway, hitchhiking. The driver of the car that hit him is still on the loose.
“I’m angry. I’m angry. I feel that he was under the influence of something or drunk and didn’t want to get caught, so he bailed and left my husband laying there in the street. He doesn’t deserve that,” said Denise McClellan.
The man who did the hit and run is still on the loose. If you have any information on the suspect please contact the Las Vegas Police Department.