In Maceió, Brazil, a woman died after consuming chocolate given to her by a palm reader. The incident has perplexed investigators and devastated the victim’s family.
Fernanda Silva Valoz da Cruz Pinto, a 27-year-old mother, was strolling through the city center of Maceió, a well-known haven for fortune tellers, on August 3rd. An elderly woman approached her and offered to read her palm. Pinto had only a few days to live, according to the palm reader, who gave her a piece of packaged chocolate as a farewell gift.
Pinto ate the chocolate, unaware of any danger. Soon after, she began to have severe health problems, such as vomiting, dizziness, and blurred vision. Despite being taken to the hospital, her condition deteriorated, and she died the next day.