Disneyland Resorts’ reimagined Mickey’s Toontown is NOW OPEN!
The long-awaited reimagining of Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland, previously closed in early 2022, has now opened.
During the March 18th, 2023 media preview event, we had the opportunity to see the spectacularly reimagined land and couldn’t help but be impressed.
Young families will now have the opporTOONity to enjoy a variety of activities together, such as exploring, unwinding, and playing together in the distinct reimaged space.
Featuring more open green spaces for families to gather and play, Mickey’s Toontown was carefully designed by Walt Disney Imagineering to eliminate as many barriers to play as possible.
“Mickey’s Toontown first opened 30 years ago, so there are generations of Disneyland Resort guests who have grown up with and made magical memories here. Walt Disney Imagineering set out to keep the essence of what makes Mickey’s Toontown special for so many while evolving it for the coming generations of families who can’t wait to make new memories here.” – Jeff Shaver-Moskowitz, Portfolio Executive Producer at Walt Disney Imagineering.
Mickey’s Toontown’s eye-catching animated neighborhood offers families a host of fun activities, including:
- CenTOONial Park, Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard, and Donald’s Duck Pond are among the new interactive areas.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is a fun, family-friendly attraction and does not have any age or height restrictions.
- Photo opportunities with Mickey Mouse and some of his closest friends. Pete appears for the first time at any Disney park.
- There are also returning fan favorites such as Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin and Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster, which has been transformed into a fun-sized attraction.
- Good Boy and Café Daisy are two new food and beverage spots!
There is no doubt that Mickey’s Toontown was carefully planned. As a result, it now offers a variety of functional and secure play areas, improved food selection, a relaxing picnic area for families, and a variety of family-friendly rides. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is one ride you shouldn’t miss in Mickey’s Toontown.
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is a must-experience ride. Using Goofy as our trusted engineer, we embark on an awesome adventure with Disney’s classic cartoon characters. In fact, we found it so enjoyable, we rode it several times and highly recommend it.
Check out the video below to see my review and recap of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
Mickey’s Toontown is adjacent to Fantasyland, home of the iconic “it’s a small world” ride and the powerful performative telling of “The Tale of the Lion King.”
Tell us below what you are most excited to experience when you visit Mickey’s Toontown.