Atlantis: The Lost Empire was released worldwide by Disney in the summer of 2001. The film made over $186 million worldwide.
The animated film featured an ensemble cast with the voices of Michael J. Fox, Cree Summer, James Garner, Leonard Nimoy, Don Novello, Phil Morris, Claudia Christian, Jacqueline Obradors, Jim Varney (in his final role), Florence Stanley, John Mahoney, David Ogden Stiers and Corey Burton.
Atlantis takes place in 1914, the film tells the story of a young man who gains possession of a sacred book, which he believes will guide him and a crew of mercenaries to the lost city of Atlantis.
- KJ Apa as Milo James
- Ella Balinska as Princess Kida
- Stephan Lang or Tommy Lee Jones as Commander Lyle Tiberius Rourke
- Vanessa Kirby as Helga Sinclair
- John Turturro as Vincenzo ‘Vinny’ Santorini
- Morris Chestnut as Dr. Joshua Strongbear Sweet
- Francis Raisa as Audrey Rocio
Disney animated films that should be remade as live action are Atlantis and Treasure Planet because they’re great stories that didn’t reach a huge audience the first go around.