20 year-old Amani Kildea was found hanging from a tree in a park in New Jersey.

Not even 72 hours after finding the hanging body, the Morris County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled Amani’s death a suicide without further investigation of the circumstances.

Kildea had set up sting operations to find and expose pedophiles. Through this work, they have exposed at least 30 pedophiles in Morris County and other surrounding areas. This work has led to multiple arrests, including arrests of the Mayor of Netcong’s son. Brian Nametko, the son of Netcong Mayor Joseph Nametko, was sentenced last year to four years in prison after pleading guilty to a charge he inappropriately touched a 14-year-old girl.

Kildea’s work in the community to expose sexual predators was brave, but dangerous, leaving him vulnerable to retaliation from those criminals. Kildea planned to finish his education and work in special operations for the FBI or CIA.

Morris County Prosecutor Frederick Knapp hasn’t disclosed important details about the manner of Amani’s death.

Prosecutor Knapp has stated, “Contrary to the statements made in social media and elsewhere, the investigation remains open and has not concluded.

Our initial statement by this office was intended to preliminarily and expeditiously inform the public that we and multiple other law enforcement agencies, including the Morris County Park Police, Sheriff’s Office, and Medical Examiner’s Office, have been working with the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crimes Unit to investigate the circumstances of Mr. Kildea’s death.”

“As of this time, no evidence of a criminal act has yet been found, however, our efforts to determine what occurred remain very active. We have followed and continue to follow all investigative leads and will go where the evidence takes us.”

“The (July 1) publication of the Morris County Medical Examiner’s determination as to the manner of Mr. Kildea’s death was disclosed publicly to provide as much transparency on this investigation as possible (the Morris County Medical Examiner determined the manner of death as suicide).

”However, we cannot disclose all investigative steps we have taken or that we will be pursuing, so as not to compromise our investigation.

Amani Kildea’s family adopted him in 2005 from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. From the age of 5, he resided in Washington Township. He graduated from the Army Reserves Basic Training in February 2020 and was to become a Military Policeman. He planned to further his education at James Madison University in the fall of 2020. Amani will be remembered as a “beautiful young man” with a sensitive soul, endearing sense of humor and a daring and courageous character.